I have decided on my New Year’s Resolutions for 2017! They aren’t set in stone but I’m going to attempt to accomplish all of these during the year.
- Be BRAVE! This is my first and main goal. If nothing else gets done, then I want to be brave this year. I want to do more things that scare me or make me hesitate at first and to do things that I’ve wanted to do for a long time. Anxiety has always been a problem for me and while I know that it may continue to bother me, I don’t want it to control me anymore. Brave is also going to be my word for the year in my bullet journal. Bullet journaling is an idea I’m trying out with a spiral notebook even though it is usually done in nicer notebooks.
- Get my license. This one goes with #1. I’m going to get my license and stop letting fear get in my way.
- Savor my time with my daughter. This one is self-explanatory. Time goes by so fast and my sweet baby girl is already almost four months old! I want to make the most of my time with her, especially during her first year.
- Relearn to crochet. I plan on getting some crochet hooks and learning how to crochet. I always see beautiful crocheted pieces online and I want to learn to do that too.
- Write, write, write! I’m going to work on blogging more often, edit books I have written and write and publish more. I miss writing and creating worlds and stories, though I don’t miss the editing portion!
- Become a better photographer. I love taking pictures and I’m hoping to one day become good enough to use it as a side job but I need to be better at taking pictures first and then get a different camera, preferably a DSLR. The little point and shoot we have doesn’t take great every day pictures, let alone professional ones. My hubby says his phone camera takes better pictures! Lol!
- Do yoga at least 3 times a week. I miss doing yoga every day but I’m going to shoot for at least 3x a week for now. It was always so relaxing for me and incredibly enjoyable. Which brings me to my next one…
- Lose weight! I have a personal goal that I want to get to and I’m hoping to get there this year by eating better/ less and exercising.
- Do 15 minutes of Spanish at least 3 times a week also. I haven’t done any Spanish before my baby girl was born and I was getting pretty good.
- Go green…ish. I want to use less and waste less by reducing, reusing, and recycling.
My list is pretty long but I’m going to do my best and if I can’t quite accomplish them all, then that will be ok. I don’t plan on stressing myself out to the point of frustration and exhaustion to get these things done because I feel like setting resolutions is a way of bettering yourself. You can’t better yourself if you’re stressed out all of the time.
What are your resolutions or goals? Share what your plans are for 2017 below!! 🙂